Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 079, 2023
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Fairway between its junctions with Blackthorn Road and Whitmore Avenue
- prohibit any vehicle from exiting Oakway at its junction with Fairway
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Anglian Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route to access Fairway southbound is Whitmore Avenue westbound and Crammavill Street eastbound and vice versa for northbound vehicles. The alternative route to exit Oakway will be Elmway onto Whitmore Avenue and vice versa to access Oakway. Access will be maintained for residents.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Friday 31 March 2023 at 9:30am and will be valid for 21 days, however, it is expected that the works will be completed within the one day. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.