Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 122, 2022
Fen Lane, Orsett
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Fen Lane between its junctions with Stifford Clays Road and Green Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is High Road (B188) and Fen Lane and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 30 August 2022 at 8am and will be in force daily until Thursday 1 September 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.