Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 141, 2022
Fenner Road, Chafford Hundred
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Fenner Road between its junctions with Fenner Road Roundabout and Lakeside Central Roundabout
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out a structural examination to the underside of the bridge across Fenner Road.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Lakeside Central Roundabout, Lakeside Ring Road, Link from A1306 Arena Roundabout to Lakeside Ring Road, A1306 Arterial Road eastbound, Pilgrims Way Roundabout and Burghley Road and for southbound vehicles will be around Fenner Road Roundabout, Burghley Road, Pilgrims Way Roundabout, A1306 Arterial Road westbound, roundabout off A1306 for lakeside, Link from A1306 Arena Roundabout to Lakeside Ring Road and Lakeside Ring Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 28 September 2022 at 10pm for one night until Thursday 29 September 2022 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.