Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 129, 2021
Ferry Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Ferry Road from Ferry Road roundabout for a distance of approximately 300m in a northerly direction including both roundabouts
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is the new infrastructure road and Fort Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 7 September 2021 at 9pm and in force nightly for 4 nights, between the hours of 9pm and 5am. The works will be carried out in stages to allow access to and from the industrial estates. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.