Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 055, 2022
Fobbing Road and Lion Hill, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lion Hill from a point approximately 82m west of its junction with High Road for approximately 193m in a westerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out tree works.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Fobbing Road westbound, Church Road, Lampits Hill (B1420), Southend Road, link road from Southend Road and Bells Corner Roundabout, Five Bells Roundabout South and High Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 31 March 2022 for one day between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.