Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 107, 2022
Footpath 141, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit access to Public Footpath 141 between Hedley Avenue and Manor Road
2) The purpose of the Order is for reasons of safety due to building works that have taken place obscuring the approach of trains which then makes the crossing unsafe and whilst investigations take place over land ownership and investigate alternatives into another crossing point.
3) The alternative route from the south side of the railway is turn left along Hedley Avenue to the junction of Stoneness Road, turn right along Stone-ness Road towards the roundabout, turn right onto the A126 then turn right onto Manor Road and vice versa from the north side of the railway. Alterna-tively, the nearby Gibbs Wharf footpath is 440m to the east of Footpath 141 which can be accessed by Porter Close and Parsonage Way on the north side of the railway and Hedley Avenue on the south side of the railway.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 14 July 2022 at 12:01am and will remain in force continuously for 6 months until 14 January 2023. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) Due to the extent of the project and works involved Thurrock Council is satisfied that the order shall continue in force until the works have been completed, which could take longer than 6 months.