Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 133, 2022
Footpath 141, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit access to Public Footpath 141 from its access point on London Road, Purfleet-on-Thames for a distance of approximately 5km
2) The purpose of the Order is for inspections, maintenance and testing to be carried out on the 236 ground anchors that are installed to support the flood defence wall.
3) The alternative route to travel eastbound from London Road will be London Road, Stoneness Road, Hedley Avenue, St Clements Road and vice versa for to travel westbound.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 21 November 2022 and remain in force for 6 months, however the closure would not be required for the entire duration. Sections of the footpath will be opened during the holiday period and most weekends, where practical. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.