Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 106, 2022
Footpath 141, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above footpath without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit access to Public Footpath 141 between Hedley Avenue and Manor Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is for reasons of safety due to restricted visibility of approaching trains.
4) The alternative route from the south side of the railway is turn left along Hedley Avenue to the junction of Stoneness Road, turn right along Stoneness Road towards the roundabout, turn right onto the A126 then turn right onto Manor Road and vice versa from the north side of the railway. Alternatively, the nearby Gibbs Wharf footpath is 440m to the east of Footpath 141 which can be accessed by Porter Close and Parsonage Way on the north side of the railway and Hedley Avenue on the south side of the railway.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Wednesday 22 June 2022 and will be valid for 21 days. The footpath will then remain closed by way of an order. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.