Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 148, 2022
Footpath 147, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any users from travelling along Footpath 147 from the intersection with Footpath 218 where it continues west for a distance of approximately 977m
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable the construction of a flood defence bund, as required in accordance with a Section 30 Agreement between the Applicant, the Environment Agency and Cory Environmental Limited.
3) The alternative route will direct users from the start of Footpath 147, which is located to the south of the recreation ground on the eastern side of Princess Margaret Road, to travel southwards on Princess Margaret Road to Coalhouse Fort where access can be gained to Footpath 147 which continues northwards along the sea wall.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 26 September 2022 and remain in force for eight weeks. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.