Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 062, 2022
Footpath 147, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any users from travelling along Footpath 147 from the intersection with Footpath 218 where it continues west for a distance of approximately 977m
2) The purpose of this Order is for reasons of safety whilst essential maintenance works are undertaken to the flood defences.
3) An alternative route cannot be provided. It is proposed that a diversion will be provided that directs users from the start of Footpath 147, which is located to the south of the recreation ground on the eastern side of Princess Margaret Road, to travel southwards on Princess Margaret Road to Coalhouse Fort where access can be gained to Footpath 147 which continues northwards along the sea wall. This diversion measures approximately 2.5km long and will be in place for the duration of the works.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 8 April 2022 at 8am and remain in force continuously for 8 weeks. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.