Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 006, 2021
Footpath 177, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any users from travelling along Footpath 177 for a distance of approximately 508m southeast from the Sluice (between Grays Beach and Tilbury Docks) to Tilbury Grain Terminal Jetty
3) The purpose of the Notice is for reasons of safety whilst essential maintenance works are being carried out within the Grain Terminal.
4) There is no alternative route as this section of the footpath finishes at the Tilbury Grain Terminal Jetty.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately, 6 January 2021, and remain in force for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.