Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 007, 2021
Footpath 177, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any users from travelling along Footpath 177 for a distance of approximately 508m southeast from the Sluice (between Grays Beach and Tilbury Docks) to Tilbury Grain Terminal Jetty
2) The purpose of the Notice is for reasons of safety whilst essential maintenance works are being carried out within the Grain Terminal.
3) There is no alternative route as this section of the footpath finishes at the Tilbury Grain Terminal Jetty.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 27 January 2021 at midnight and remain in force continuously for 6 months. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.