Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 080, 2023
Footpath 32, Public Footpath from Meadow Drive to First Avenue
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit anyone from travelling along Footpath 32 from where it meets First Avenue up to where it meets Meadow Drive
3) The purpose of the Notice is for reasons of safety and to enable Network Rail to carry out installation of kissing gates on both sides of the railway.
4) The alternative route from where the footpath leaves First Avenue will be to go along Branksome Avenue and then use Footpath 162 (Public Footpath from Morley Hill to the borough boundary) and vice versa.
5) The Notice will come into immediately on Friday 31 March 2023 and will be valid for 21 days, it is expected that the works will be completed within this time. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.