Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 053, 2022
Footpath 36, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any pedestrians from travelling along Footpath 36 in both directions between Stanford Road and Victoria Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Thurrock Council to remove a fallen tree and repair and make safe the footpath.
4) The alternative route will be to use Victoria Road to London Road, London Road to Stanford Road and Stanford Road leading to Stanford Interchange.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Thursday 3 March 2022 at 11am and will be valid for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.