Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 197, 2021
Foxton Road and Chase Way, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Foxton Road from its junction with Gumley Road for a distance of approximately 75m in a northerly direction
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Chase Way from its junction with Foxton Road for a distance of approximately 7m in a westerly direction
- prohibit parking At Any Time at the following locations:
- from a point 35m on the western kerb line from its junction with Gumley Road for a distance of approximately 20m in a northerly direction (junction with Chase Way)
- from a point 35m on the eastern kerb line from its junction with Gumley Road for a distance of approximately 45m in a northerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UKPN to carry out carriageway remedial works.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles on Foxton Road is Gumley Road, Charlton Street and London Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. The alternative route for vehicles wishing to egress Chase Way onto Foxton Road will be The Chase and London Road or The Chase and Gumley Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 17 January 2022 at 8am. The prohibitions will be in force continuously until Friday 21 January 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.