Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 121, 2022
Garron Lane and Hamble Lane, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from parking at any time:
- on the southern kerb line of Garron Lane from its junction with Foyle Drive for a distance of approximately 125m in a west direction
- on the northern kerb line of Garron Lane from its junction with Foyle Drive for a distance of approximately 125m in a west direction
- on the western kerb line of Hamble Lane from its junction with Garron Lane for a distance of approximately 68m in a north direction
- on the eastern kerb line of Hamble Lane from its junction with Garron Lane for a distance of approximately 68m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out the replacement of a damaged duct and demolish and rebuild chambers.
3) The Order will come into force on Monday 22 August 2022 at 9am and will remain in force continuously until Friday 26 August 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.