Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 064, 2023
Gordon Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Gordon Road from its most southern junction with Springhouse Road for a distance of approximately 138m in a west direction
- prohibit any vehicle from parking during the times of the order on the north and south kerbline of Gordon Road between numbers 1 and 25
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be Springhouse Road northwest bound and Gordon Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 12 April 2023 at 10am and will be in force daily for three days between the hours of 10am and 3pm until Friday 14 April 2023 at 3pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.