Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 111, 2023
Grange Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time on the east and west kerb lines of Grange Road in its entirety
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Grange Road in its entirety
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out Gas Mains replacement works.
3) There is no alternative route, however access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 3 July 2023 at 8am and will remain in force continuously until Friday 21 July 2023 at 5pm. The works and parking prohibitions will be carried out in stages starting at its junction with Clarence Road and working down to outside number 59. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.