Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 015, 2023
Grangewood Avenue and Crofton Road, Grays
1. The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Grangewood Avenue between its junctions with King Edward Drive and Gordon Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Crofton Road from its junction with Grangewood Avenue for a distance of approximately 28m in a north direction
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3. The alternative route for eastbound vehicles on Grangewood Avenue will be King Edward Drive northbound, Buxton Road and Gordon Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles. The alternative route for vehicles to exit Crofton Road will be to use Buxton Road. Access will be maintained for residents.
4. The Order will come into force on Monday 13 February 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily for two days between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Tuesday 14 February 2023. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5. It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6. If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.