Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 071, 2022
Grove Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Grove Road from a point 40m east of its junction with Bridge Road for a distance of 40m in a westerly direction
- temporarily Revoke the westbound only travel on Grove Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Utility Asset works in the carriageway.
3) The Order will come into force on Thursday 5 May 2022 at 9am and will be in force daily between the hours of 9am and 3pm until Saturday 8 May 2022 at 3pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Grove Road eastbound, Gypsy Lane, Whitehall Lane, East Thurrock Road and Bridge Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.