Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 047, 2022
Gun Hill, Coopers Shaw Road and Fort Road, West Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
i) prohibit any vehicle travelling along Gun Hill between its junctions with Coopers Shaw Road and Turnpike Lane
ii) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Fort Road between its junctions with Brennan Road and Gun Hill
iii) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Coopers Shaw Road from its junctions with Gun Hill and Church Road
iv) temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight restriction on Station Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is south on Fort Road, New Infrastructure Road, A1089 Ferry Road, A1089 St Andrews Road, Asda roundabout, A1089 Dock Road, A126 Marshfoot Road, Chadwell Hill, Linford Road, Muckingford Road, Princess Margaret Road, Station Road, Church Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents within the closures.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 23 May at 9pm. The closure will be in force for one night between the hours of 9pm and 5am until Tuesday 24 May 2022 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.