Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 189, 2022
Hathaway Road cycle lane, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any cyclist travelling along the cycle lane along Hathaway Road from a point 37m south of its junction with Lodge Lane for a distance of approximately 27m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out installation of a street lighting column.
3) The alternative route will be for cyclists to dismount and use the footway.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 5 December 2022 at 10:00hrs and will be in force daily between the hours of 10am and 2:30pm until Tuesday 6 December 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.