Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 125, 2022
High Road, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along High Road between its junctions with Sherwood and Stifford Interchange
- prohibit any vehicle from turning right onto High Road from Clockhouse Lane, Sherwood or Marian Close
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left onto High Road from Well Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Stifford Hill (North Stifford), B186 Pilgrims Lane, A1306 Arterial Road eastbound, Treacle Mine roundabout, A1012 northwest bound and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access for residents and businesses will be maintained. Access to the Hotel and Stifford Clays Road will be closed and access given via marshalled gatemen.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 12 September 2022 at 10am and will be in force daily for two days, between the hours of 10am and 5pm on Monday 12 September and 8am and 5pm for Tuesday 13 September. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.