Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 154, 2021
High Road, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along High Road between its junctions with Cuckoo Lane and Marian Close
2) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out remedial repairs to the carriageway after a water leak.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Stifford Interchange, A1012 Link Road, Treacle Mine Roundabout, Arterial Road, Pilgrims Lane and Stifford Hill and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses and residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 26 October 2021 at 8am and will remain in force continuously until Thursday 28 October 2021 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.