Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 134, 2022
High Street, Aveley
1. The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2. The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along High Street, Aveley between Ship Lane and Lennard Row
3. The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to urgently replace a number of dangerous covers.
4. For the alternative route, follow diversion signs on site.
5. The Notice will come into force immediately, Monday 15 August 2022, and will remain if force for 21 days, however it is anticipated that the works will be completed by Wednesday 17 August 2022 although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.