Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 127, 2022
Hoford Road, West Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Hoford Road from its junction with Muckingford Road for a distance of approximately 90m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles and access to Mill House Farm is Muckingford Road westbound and High house Lane and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 2 September 2022 for one day between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.