Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Temporary Prohibition or Restriction of Traffic
Order number: 047
Hume Avenue - Tilbury
1. The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2. The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Hume Avenue between its junctions with The Beeches and London Road.
3. The purpose of the Notice is to enable Anglian Water to carry out repairs to their apparatus.
4. The alternative route for southbound vehicles is London Road westbound, Civic Square, Calcutta Road, Montreal Road and Dock Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5. The Notice will come into force on Friday 10 February 2023 at 09:30hrs and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed within the one day. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.