Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 041, 2023
Independent Footway from Kathleen Close to Penny Lane
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit anyone from travelling along the independent Footway from Kathleen Close to Penny Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out Gas Mains Replacement.
3) The alternative route to travel southwest is Penny Lane, Rose Valley Crescent, Gideons Way, Grahams Close, Beckett Drive and Kathleen Close and vice versa to travel northeast.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 20 March 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Monday 3 April 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.