Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 171, 2022
Jurgens Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Jurgens Road from its junction with London Road for a distance of approximately 250m in a south direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable extensive Highway reconstruction to take place around the location of Stoneness Roundabout and Jurgens Road.
3) The alternative route will be via a new roundabout (London Road Roundabout) and a temporary access road allowing access to and from Jurgens Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 22 November 2022 at 7:30am and will be in force continuously until Tuesday 30 January 2024 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.