Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 089, 2023
King Edward Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along King Edward Road
- prohibit any vehicles from parking at any time from a point 40m east of junction with Wharf Road for a distance of approximately 60m in an east direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out a gas connection.
3) There is no alternative route. Access will be maintained for residents at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 19 June 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 30 June 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.