Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Temporary Prohibition or Restriction of Traffic
Order number: 141
Laird Avenue, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to: -
Prohibit any vehicles from travelling along the whole of Laird Avenue
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Blackshots Lane, Highfield Gardens and Jesmond Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 1 October 2021 for the one day between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.