Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 034, 2023
Lea Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lea Road from Thames Drive to Lea Road Link for a distance of approximately 30m in a north direction
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time along the east and west kerb line of Lea Road from Thames Drive to Lea Road Link for a distance of approximately 30m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway reconstruction.
3) The alternative route will be to enter / exit north or south of the closure of Lea Road. Access will be maintained for residents outside of the works area.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 20 March 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 24 March 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.