Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 104, 2023
Lodge Lane and Conrad Gardens, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lodge Lane Access Road between numbers 190 and 194
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Conrad Gardens from its junction with Lodge Lane for a distance of approximately 30m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Anglian Water to carry out installation of overland pipeline to facilitate relining of existing concrete sewer.
3) There is no diversion as Conrad Gardens is a cul de sac, however access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 25 July 2023 at 8am and will be in force for one day until 7pm and then again on Friday 8 September 2023 at 8am for the one day until 7pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.