Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 099, 2023
Lodge Lane and Windsor Avenue, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lodge Lane Access Road between numbers 152 and 154
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Windsor Avenue from its junction with lodge Lane for a distance of approximately 15m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Anglian Water to carry out installation of overland pipeline to facilitate relining of existing concrete sewer and then to carry out Cleaning and relining of their apparatus.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Long Lane, Chestnut Avenue and Lodge Lane and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 28 July 2023 and will be in force in accordance with Schedule One to this Order. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
Dates and times:
- Friday 28 July 2023 between 8am and 7pm
- Tuesday 29 August 2023 from 8am continuously until 7pm, Friday 1 September 2023
- Sunday 3 September 2023 between 8am and 5pm