Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 078, 2023
Lodge Lane, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lodge Lane in accordance with the Schedule to this Order
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Anglian Water to carry out installation of overland pipeline to facilitate relining of existing concrete sewer.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Southend Road, Palmers Avenue, A126 Orsett Road, London Road, A1012 Hogg Lane, and A1012 Elizabeth Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 16 July 2023 at 8am and will be in force in accordance with Schedule One to the Order. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Restriction||Dates and times|
|Lodge Lane in both directions from its junction with Treacle Mine Roundabout for a distance of approximately 120m in an east direction||Sunday 16 July 2023 from 3pm to 10pm, and Sunday 17 September 2023 between 3pm and 10pm|
|Lodge Lane in both directions between its junction with Nutberry Avenue for a distance of approximately 75m in an east direction||Sunday 23 July 2023 between 3pm and 10pm, and Sunday 10 September 2023 3pm and 10pm|