Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 183, 2023
London Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along London Road between its junctions with Florence Close and Wharf Road
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time along the north and south kerb lines of London Road from its junction of Florence Close for a distance of approximately 345m in an east direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing as well as manhole and speed table repairs.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is London Road westbound, Devonshire Road, Hogg Lane Roundabout, Hogg Lane, and Eastern Way and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 22 October 2023 at 5pm for one night until 5am on Monday 23 October 2023 and then again on Sunday 29 October 2023 at 5pm until Monday 30 October 2023 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.