Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 038, 2023
London Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the dedicated filter lane from London Road to Purfleet Bypass
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway reconstruction.
3) The alternative route would be to enter the Stoneness Roundabout and exit onto Purfleet Bypass.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 4 March 2023 at 9pm until Friday 24 March 2023 at 5am. Works will be carried it in phases and will only apply to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.