Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 212, 2023
London Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along London Road between its junctions with Botany Way and Linnet Way
- temporarily revoke the 7.5t weight restriction on London Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
- temporarily revoke the 7.5t weight restriction on Tank Hill Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is London Road westbound, Tank Hill Road, New Tank Hill Road, Arterial Road eastbound, Botany Way Roundabout, A1090 Purfleet Bypass, Stonehouse Roundabout, London Road westbound and vice versa westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times, however, may be limited at certain times. Access to Beacon Hill will be via Linnet Way.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 5 November 2023 at 8am and will be in force for one day until 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.