Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 065, 2022
London Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles travelling along London Road exit slip that leads to Purfleet Bypass
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable third party contractor to lay a new electric cable.
3) The alternative route is Stoneness Roundabout, Purfleet bypass.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 22 April 2022 at 7:30am and will remain in force continuously until Sunday 1 May 2022 at 6pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.