Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 104, 2022
London Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along London Road, Purfleet-on-Thames, for approximately 10m either side of the Level Crossing
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out maintenance to the level crossing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Tank Hill Road, New Tank Hill Road, southbound on Arterial Road, Botany Way Roundabout, Purfleet Bypass, Stonehouse Corner Roundabout and London Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on the following dates:
- Sunday 17 July 2022 at 1am until Monday 18 July 2022 at 4am
- Sunday 24 July 2022 at 1am until Monday 25 July 2022 at 4am
- Sunday 31 July 2022 at 1am until Monday 1 August 2022 at 4am
It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.