Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 084, 2022
London Road, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time in the lay-by along London Road between 384 to 392
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out remedial works to the carriageway.
3) In this Order the lay-by outside 384 to 392 is defined as the lay-by approximately 3m west of its junction with Palmerston Road for a distance of approximately 30m in a westerly direction.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 9 October 2022 at 10am for one day between the hours of 10am and 3pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.