Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 150, 2022
Love Lane and Station Road, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Love Lane from its junction with Princess Margaret Road and Station Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Station Road from its junction with Love Lane for a distance of approximately 887m in a westerly direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UKPN to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Princess Margaret Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, A1089, St Andrews Road, Ferry Road, New Infrastructure Road, Fort Road, Cooper Shaw Road and Church Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 6 September 2022 and is expected to be completed by Thursday 8 September 2022. The road will only be closed between the hours of 9am and 5pm each day. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.