Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 164, 2022
Love Lane, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from parking at any time along the east and west kerb line of Love Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to construct a new car park area, reconstruct the footway and carry out verge reinforcement.
3) The Order will come into force on Monday 7 November 2022 at 10am and will be in force continuously until Friday 9 June 2023. However, the works will be carried out in stages working along the east kerb line first and then along the west kerb line. The prohibition will be in accordance with signage on site. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
5) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.