Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 084, 2023
Love Lane, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Love Lane between its junctions with Hall Road and Purfleet Road
- prohibit any vehicle from parking during the times of the Order along the east and west kerb lines of Love Lane between its junctions with Cavendish Gardens and Purfleet Road
- prohibit any vehicle from exiting onto Love Lane from Arnhem Avenue and Kent View
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Purfleet Road eastbound, High Street, Ship Lane, and Hall Road westbound and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents. Access to Central Avenue will be via Hall Road and Kent View. Access to Arnham Avenue will be via Purfleet Road and Manning Street.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 31 July 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Friday 4 August 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.