Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 100, 2022
Lower Dunton Road, Bulphan
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Lower Dunton Road from the borough boundary of the Railway Bridge for a distance of approximately 50m in a south direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable electric ducts and cables to be installed within the carriageway under a Section 50 licence.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Lower Dunton Road southbound, B1007 North Hill, Manorway Interchange, A13 eastbound, Five Bells Interchange, A176 Nethermayne, A127 Southend Arterial Road westbound, West Mayne Interchange, West Mayne, and Lower Dunton Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 8 October 2022 at 9:30am and will be in force continuously until Sunday 30 October 2022 at 3pm, and again continuously from Thursday 3 November 2022 at 9:30am until Wednesday 30 November 2022 at 3pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.