Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 130, 2020
Lower Dunton Road, Bulphan
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lower Dunton Road from a point 720m north of Doesgate Lane for approximately 100m in a northerly direction, outside Essex Wildlife Trust
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UKPN to install a new electrical cable.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is West Mayne north, A127 roundabout, A127 eastbound, A128 southbound, Church Road, Brentwood Road, Doesgate Lane and vice versa for northbound vehicle. Access will be maintained for businesses and residents at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 3 December 2020 at 8am and remain in force continuously until Monday 7 December 2020 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.