Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 111, 2022
Lower Dunton Road, Bulphan
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Lower Dunton Road from a point 350m south of its junction with Old Church Hill for a distance of approximately 250m in a south direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable contractors to carry out repairs to the carriageway and footway and remove the site access to the development.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is South Hill (B1007), High road (B1007), Florence Way, Mandeville Way (B1036), West Mayne (B148) and Lower Dunton Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 15 August 2022 at 10am and will remain in force continuously Sunday 28 August 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.