Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 110, 2022
Lower Dunton Road, Horndon on The Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Lower Dunton Road from its junction with South Hill (B1007) for a distance of approximately 80m in a northerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable contractors to carry out highway improvements to the carriageway.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is South Hill (B1007), High road (B1007), Florence Way, Mandeville Way (B1036), West Mayne (B148) and Lower Dunton Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 1 August 2022 at 10am and will remain in force continuously Sunday 7 August 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.