Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 014, 2023
Lyndhurst Road and Mackley Drive, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lyndhurst Road between its junctions with Crofton Avenue and Hawthorn Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Mackley Drive from its junction with Lyndhurst Road for a distance of approximately 50m in a northwest direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carryout Gas Main Replacement works.
3) The alternative route for vehicles travelling southwest on Lyndhurst Road will be Hawthorn Road, Bellmaine Avenue and Crofton Avenue and vice versa for vehicles travelling northeast. The alternative route for vehicles travelling southeast on Mackley Drive will be Gardner Avenue and Queen Elizabeth Drive and vice versa for vehicles travelling northwest. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 13 February 2023 at 8am and will be remain in force continuously until Friday 17 March 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.