Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 208, 2023
The Manorway, Coryton
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from exceeding 30mph on the east and west carriageways of The Manorway from its junction with Atlantic Avenue for a distance of approximately 714m in an east direction
2) The purpose of the Order is for reasons of safety whilst Thurrock Council carry out footway reconstruction works.
3) The Order will come into force on Thursday 19 October 2023 at 12:01am and will be in force continuously until Monday 20 November 2023. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
5) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.